In this article our aim is to help you select the Best Probiotic Supplement for your specific needs from the huge number of probiotics on offer.
At the present time, although there are a very large number of Probiotic Supplements on the market, most of them contain a small number of very similar strains of bacteria. That is not to say that these supplements are not useful, because they are. Many of the Best Probiotic Supplements reviewed on this site are backed by scientific research and have huge numbers of positive reviews on Amazon.
To help you choose the right supplement, the things we look at include:
- Colony Forming Units (CFUs)
- Number of different strains of bacteria
- Who the probiotic is aimed at (babies, children, women, men, over 50s etc.)
- If the probiotic will help a specific health condition such as IBS or if it’s more for general health maintenance
- Whether there are scientific studies to support the probiotic supplement or the specific strains it contains
As our knowledge of the composition and function of the human gut microbiota increases and expands, it is probable that in the near future we will have an even better selection of Probiotic Supplements available to us, containing highly performing bacteria with specific functions providing specific benefits.
This makes the field of probiotics research very exciting! We truly believe that probiotics are the future of medicine.
We will do our very best to keep you up to date with the latest research supporting probiotic supplementation, tell you about new probiotic products available, and help you choose the best quality and best value probiotics for your specific needs.